Thursday, December 19, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

And all through the school, not a student was studying... because the teachers were at a meeting.



So the Santas (made from toilet paper rolls) had a meeting, too, and they said we should decorate for Christmas.  So we made stockings and hung them by the Santas with care.  



It's my first Christmas away from home.  Ever.  I'm 32.  This is a big deal.  I can't bring myself to listen to Christmas music.  I'm thinking about de-activating my Facebook account until after the New Year.   And for a couple of weeks, I didn't really even let myself think about what is going on back home for fear of it making me sad.  

Regardless of that, I decided to go forth with a cultural exchange.  I'm going to be teaching a lesson (at the request of the school) about Christmas to about 1,000 students, including about the birth of Jesus Christ (also a direct request from the school), which I'm actually very excited about sharing.  I'll be doing this in Thai, not English, which makes it that much more fun!

I might have also told the kids that I called Santa and he was going to make a special trip to Thailand this year.  He'll be delivering stocking stuffers sometime next week.  



Merry Christmas!  Happy Holidays! Season's Greetings!








No comments:

Post a Comment