Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ant-capades

Last night, I was having a mosquito problem, so like any normal person would do, I sprayed around the doors and bathroom with bug spray, closed the bathroom door and went back to planning my lesson for my class today.  After about 20 minutes, I happened to look in the direction of the bathroom only to notice that the floor seemed to be moving... twitching, in fact, toward me.  At first, I thought "Wow, that's a lot of mosquitoes..." But to my dismay, I realized they were instead giant, black ants, and they were trying to escape the bug killing spray.  One was even fleeing with a piece of rice for the road.  Not knowing what else to do and armed only with the meager amount of bug spray I had left in my can, I attacked and prayed that the stream of ants rushing out of my sink would come to a stop before the stream of bug nerve-gas gave out. 


I watched them all die as the gas attacked their nervous systems and then swept them back into the bathroom.  Now my drain is clogged with ant bodies and I just don't have the stomach to deal with it yet. 

1 comment:

  1. At least it wasn't the kind of ants that like to bite anything/anyone in their path

    ReplyDelete